Another Friday...WOW! I have had the intention of posting here all week long and have not found the time. We've been busy here with school, orthodontist appointments, baby sitting, work and trying to keep up with laundry and cooking/baking. Seems to be keeping me rather busy.
To be honest, it's been a tough week for me. I seem to be on an up and down hormonal trip that is getting rather old..."power surges", "hot flashes", and really wacky sleep makes for a rather emotional mama! SO fun! It's not all bad though. All of this did help to show me that I need to take some time for me. I've been running on empty for far too long, and was in need of some "me" time.
SO....I took some! YAY! :) I took an evening this week and went ALONE to the book store. That NEVER happens. :) It was fun to walk around and look at the books I wanted to look at without interruption and I also got to take my time. A rare thing indeed!
The other thing I did this week....went back to the gym! It's been a good 6 months since I was there last and I knew I either needed to go or cancel it altogether. I am sore, but determined to get back on track, feeling better, in better shape and ready to face the tasks I have here with more energy and fewer back issues. Finding the time each week will be a challenge, but I need to do this for ME.
One of my favorite things about going to the gym is that I am able to just pray while I'm on the treadmill. I put on my headphones, turn on my i-pod and an upbeat Christian song and start walking. I pray about all that is going on, and sometimes just listen to the words and let the the Lord speak to me. That is something I've really missed. In my daily life, I get few opportunities to tune out the world and just "listen" for the Lord's voice. When I get the chance, it's never enough time, but enjoyable and refilling!
So, what am I thankful for this week? Hmmm....
* Hitting a "brick wall" so that I would take the time to refill and refresh.
* My amazingly supportive husband that sees what I need often before I do.
* Friends that listen and understand my crazy self....even when I make no sense at all.
* My amazing kids that understand my need for "me" time and even encourage me to take more.
* An understanding boss that knows that my family must come first and that my productivity during busy seasons is going to be low...I love working for him on Gling.
* My church family...such an amazingly supportive family that loves me regardless of what I am going through. Always an encouragement!
* Watching our oldest son grow up and figure out what it means to be a man...and fall in love with his girl. Makes me wonder how long it will be before we get to add another girl to our family! :) We are SO thankful that he has chosen a sweet and loving girl...time will tell, the Lord knows what He has for them. Can't wait to see it unfold. :)
* A bit of sunny weather to start our fall season, though it's been a bit warmer than I want at this point. It's been nice to have the sunshine, the rains will start soon enough.
Needless to say, we ALWAYS have so much to be thankful for. We are truly blessed! Even in tough times, days when all I want to do is cry out in frustration, I KNOW that we are blessed beyond measure! God is so good to us and continues to be faithful to provide, sometimes in ways that we least expect. :)