For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Thankful for Friday!

It's been a while since I last posted a "Thankful" post. Not that I haven't felt thankful, but time has been getting the best of me. There always seems to be more to do around here than I have hours in my day. :) Not all bad, mind you, just busy.

So, what am I thankful for this week? Oh so many things...but I'll only list a few. :)

This amazing man I married and our beautiful calf. My hubby has been such an incredible support to me...my best friend, my champion, my encourager and he's so supportive of my dream here...HE encouraged me to buy Daisy Girl. I'm still in shock every time I go to the barn and see her. Some girls hope for her man to buy her diamonds and pearls...I just wanted a cow. :) 

 I have some amazingly talented and awesome kids! Our second oldest son wanted to build a cider press, so he set to work on planning and with a little help from my hubby, he finally finished it this past week. He made a batch of cider right away, turned out GREAT! I am continually amazed at what this kid comes up with.
Our daughter has been playing with my camera, I'm loving the pictures she has taken of various flowers around our yard. So pretty! She's got a creative flair, I'll have to plan a post around some of her photos. She's been learning to edit photos and enhance some of her already stunning pictures. It's been fun to see her perspective and take on some of the beautiful sites around our place.
 
 Our lilac was such a welcomed sight this spring. The fragrance was amazing, made me wish we had even more of these around our place. I had intended to pick some and bring that wonderful fragrance indoors, but never got around to it. We did enjoy them while they were in bloom...that season never seems like it lasts long enough though.

We've been so blessed, living here and pursuing a dream. I am continually amazed at all that we are able to do, though in my frustrating moments I'll admit to feeling like we will never do enough. If I can keep my focus on how far we've come, however, I see the many steps we've taken here to providing so much for our family. The beauty here is hard to miss...and I often forget that even THAT is a blessing. Not just the eggs, produce and such that we can help to bring to our table, but to be able to look out our windows to a sight like the lilacs blooming or the birds that frequently visit our yard. It's all a blessing and something to enjoy. God's handiwork, the beauty of our landscape...how often we miss that in our rush to "do" and mark things off our list.

We are blessed!

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

So true Valerie! How often we miss the beauty right in front of us so we can fold laundry, run errands and check off our lists. Good for you taking the time to see it all!

We love lilacs too!! They are a beautiful addition to our yard as well.

Love all the pictures you have on here today~

~Cinnamon

momoflots said...

My husband too - is my best friend and such a support and God's gift to me!! I would so love to be able to have a cow too - better than any diamonds - hahahaha - we must be a different breed of women!!! My baby lilac gave me three blooms this year and I was thrilled - my favorite scent ever!!! Did your son find plans for the cider press on the internet? My son and husband want to build something together and we have ALWAYS wanted a cider press - I would be very very interested in any information you could share!!! Hope you are getting the sunshine we are enjoying today!! We haven't had much again lately so it's super great to see it today!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Post a Comment