For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Thankful for Friday!

Somehow I totally missed posting my "Thankful for Friday" post last week...but my blog post did have some "thankfulness in it" so I hope that counts. :)

It's been a trying week here at Tanglewood Hills, but you know, God is good and there have also been many blessings! :)

* A new little guy, 3 months old, is the newest little one that I get the pleasure of watching while his mama is at work. I've baby sat for friends and family for years and have loved every little one that has come to my home. It's been an adjustment, but he is such a cutie and we've all fallen in love with our little guy!

* My husband is still working...it's been long days and long commutes, but he IS working...Huge blessing there!

* I got to spend a good part of a day working on a hobby I had set aside during a busy period of life. It felt SO good to spend the day on Monday scrapbooking.

* My kids came home safe and sound from their camping trip with their grandma. They had a good time, despite the cold weather.

* Our baby, Dylan, turned 11 yesterday!! I can't believe that he is already 11 years old. It just doesn't seem possible that my baby is that old, or that 11 years could have possibly gone by so quickly. He is such a blessing to our family, such a loving and caring kid. I can't wait to see the man that he becomes....on second thought, I CAN wait, don't want the next 11 years to go as quickly as the first. :)

* My kids and I get to spend the morning at our County Fair today. It's opening day and we have tickets to get in free. A tradition we've kept for more years than I can count. This year it's just my three younger kids, my niece and me...small group for us, usually we have other friends and family in tow. It will be a fun adventure just the 5 of us, exploring the animal barns and enjoying an ice cream cone. Tradition....just a bit different this year. :)

God is so good to us...I could go on and on with my list of things I'm so thankful for. I have great kids, an amazing husband and a place that provides us with so much. We have our stresses, our stressful days, our trials, but we are truly blessed! I was reminded this AM by a dear friend that God has given me enough of what I need to handle the hard things. I can either choose to worry about what's going on and stress over the bumps in the road or I can do as Cinnamon and her family are doing during a difficult time and:
"Instead we can choose to know that God has made our way perfect, no matter what that way is and all we have to do is trust in Him."

Thanks for the reminder, Cinnamon! This week, I needed that. :) God is good ALL THE TIME! I will CHOOSE to be thankful, I will CHOOSE to trust...I will CHOOSE to NOT go down the "worry road" as my friend has said.

That is another thankful item...good friends that remind me of the Lord's truths. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment