Oh my goodness! Is it really Friday already? I have tried to get on here and publish a post all week, so many fun things I could have and still could share, but time has gotten away from me. Life here at Tanglewood Hills has been extremely busy this week! So much to be thankful for and so much to do. It's part of life though...part of this season.
So, what am I thankful for this week? Oh my...where to start! I have found that focusing on being thankful has really helped me feelings of frustration that seem to come with a busy life and a lack of time. :) So, this week, I am thankful for:
* My family, how hard they all work to "get the job done" on a daily basis.
* Even though my garden has done little to nothing this year due to our crazy cold and wet spring and summer, I am able to buy produce that we need to get us through the year this year.
* My jobs...I know that I am very fortunate to have them. Even though there are days that I wonder HOW I will do it all, I am SO very thankful that I have the ability to work from home and help supplement our income AND be home to teach and care for our kids. :)
* My amazing husband that works so very hard in very uncertain times and almost always has a positive outlook on life. He gives so very much of himself for our family and to meet all of our needs. He's the best friend I've ever had and I'd be truly lost without him. :)
* Time with my kids, we went to the fair last Friday and had a good time together. I so enjoy getting to do fun things with them, and also seeing how grown up they are becoming!
* Our new little Nigerian Dwarf buck, Honor. We picked him up the other day and he is such a sweet heart. I think he's going to be a good addition to our small herd. :)
I could go on...but time is short this AM. I have 30 pounds of green beans to can, a large sack of rhubarb and a flat and a half of strawberries to make into pie filling (to freeze) and a box of apples to make into pie filling to can. :) Never ending! Tomorrow we are headed to a neighboring county fair, our favorite! It should be a fun family day...though rather hot, with temps edging towards 100 degrees! Yikes! :) It's all good though, we'll enjoy our time with friends that are showing their goats there and watch the logging competition there. So much fun! :)
Have an amazing weekend with your families!