The flu has visited our house this month. Two of us had the stomach flu a week apart. SO not fun...especially when one of those two was the mama. Hard to be mama when you can't get out of bed. :( Thankfully it was a short lived flu bug and I was up and around in a day.
My wonderful hubby brought these to me when I was sick. Kind of an early Valentine's Day, get well soon gift. :) I love that man!
This was the sight from our home Wednesday morning....such a beautiful sight. I never seem to get tired of snow. :) We get it so infrequently here in the Pacific Northwest. This may be our last "big" snow storm...not big by my standards either, but it is still snow and still beautiful. It lasted just about a day, we still have a bit here and there, but our place is looking more like a muddy mess now. It was beautiful while it lasted.
So, what am I thankful for this week? Oh so much!
- God's everlasting Grace and Mercy....so undeserved! We are continually blessed.
- My hubby is still working...huge in this tough economy.
- My pantry is full...grocery shopping will not need to happen again until NEXT month. :)
- Fresh milk, homemade cheese and other tasty dairy products that I can make from it!
- Fresh baked bread from my oven...so much better than anything I could buy in the store.
- Being able to provide much of what we need here on our place...milk, eggs, produce, meat...we are blessed!
- My kids that are a constant joy, though challenging at times, we are blessed with some amazing kids.
- Being able to homeschool my three younger kids. This has been a grand adventure that keeps on growing and improving.
- My husband getting more involved and encouraging in the whole homeschooling vision for our family....love it!
- Spring is just around the corner. While I LOVE the snow, I am SO ready for spring! I'll be planting peas this weekend, Lord willing! I can't wait!
This homesteading dream is just beginning...though we've been at it for almost 8 years now. We are on the edge of so much...can't wait to see where the Lord will lead. :)