For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Thankful for Friday!

Good morning! I know...it's been a while. Life has just been so busy lately that sitting down to write a blog has been hard. Forming a normal and complete thought has been difficult too...my mind going off in so many different directions just trying to keep up with life. Ever feel that way?

The flu has visited our house this month. Two of us had the stomach flu a week apart. SO not fun...especially when one of those two was the mama. Hard to be mama when you can't get out of bed. :( Thankfully it was a short lived flu bug and I was up and around in a day.


My wonderful hubby brought these to me when I was sick. Kind of an early Valentine's Day, get well soon gift. :) I love that man!


This was the sight from our home Wednesday morning....such a beautiful sight. I never seem to get tired of snow. :) We get it so infrequently here in the Pacific Northwest. This may be our last "big" snow storm...not big by my standards either, but it is still snow and still beautiful. It lasted just about a day, we still have a bit here and there, but our place is looking more like a muddy mess now. It was beautiful while it lasted.

So, what am I thankful for this week? Oh so much!

  • God's everlasting Grace and Mercy....so undeserved! We are continually blessed.
  • My hubby is still working...huge in this tough economy.
  • My pantry is full...grocery shopping will not need to happen again until NEXT month. :)
  • Fresh milk, homemade cheese and other tasty dairy products that I can make from it!
  • Fresh baked bread from my oven...so much better than anything I could buy in the store.
  • Being able to provide much of what we need here on our place...milk, eggs, produce, meat...we are blessed!
  • My kids that are a constant joy, though challenging at times, we are blessed with some amazing kids.
  • Being able to homeschool my three younger kids. This has been a grand adventure that keeps on growing and improving.
  • My husband getting more involved and encouraging in the whole homeschooling vision for our family....love it!
  • Spring is just around the corner. While I LOVE the snow, I am SO ready for spring! I'll be planting peas this weekend, Lord willing! I can't wait!
We have been so blessed. God has been so amazingly faithful to our family. Have things been easy going? NO, tough times and struggles are everywhere for us. Life is full of struggles, challenges and frustrations. Through it all, however, God is faithful and always here guiding and encouraging.

This homesteading dream is just beginning...though we've been at it for almost 8 years now. We are on the edge of so much...can't wait to see where the Lord will lead. :)

1 comment:

Freedom Acres Farm said...

Livin' the dream - Oh, YEAH!!!

Post a Comment