I have been continually reminded in various ways that we are truly blessed, even in the midst of turmoil and stress. We were never promised an easy road, there are GOING to be bumps along the way, we are going to face really hard things. If we aren't, then we are either not living or living in a dream world unaware of real life. One thing we ARE promised is to have peace during the storm, right? Often times that peace is hard to hold onto in the midst of a big storm, we may loose our grip on the peace that surpasses ALL understanding, but it's always there!
We are SO blessed to be able to see the blessings, the silver linings if you will, in any situation. Sometimes we have to look a little harder than others and sometimes we even have to just trust the Lord that they are there. I think that's where a bit of old fashioned faith comes in. :) God is SO good to us and has blessed us abundantly...we just have to purpose in our hearts to see it.
My blessings this week have been many, though there have been moments that I almost missed them!
- I serve a loving God that sees all, knows all and CARES about it all!
- My husband is truly my best friend, and I am his.
- My kids are healthy and growing, learning to lean on the Father in the midst of hard things.
- My pantry is full, my freezer is full and my hens have started laying again...YAY!
- The Lord has blessed us with amazing friends that know how to pray, know how to listen and know when we just need a break.
- My hubby and I get to have a quiet weekend alone...thanks to some very dear friends. Something that we both desperately need!
- MOST importantly.....GOD is in CONTROL! I don't have to be, I don't want to be and He does a much better job at it anyway. :)