For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

The twists of this life we live.

For my family, life has been a bit on the crazy side for a couple of weeks now. My blogging time has been cut down to next to nothing...hence the lack of posts here. :( Between schooling with the kids, grade posting for the school district that we are a part of (though, this is becoming more and more difficult, I must admit), preparing for baby goats to appear, my work for Gling, a family issue or two and just trying to keep up with the every day, I've been stretched a bit thin.

Despite all of this, I have felt peace. Finding peace in the midst of a storm is not always easy, but thankfully the Lord is faithful to provide me with the peace I need and the strength I am lacking when I need it most.

No babies in our barn as of yet, but we are expecting some in the weeks to come. I can't wait to have all of that fresh milk, cute little babies and all of the activity that they both bring. A couple of weeks ago, my son built me a cheese press. I'll have to post pictures of it later, he did such a great job! I made my first batch of farmhouse cheddar the day he built it for me. Such an easy cheese to make and it turned out WONDERFULLY! I can't wait to try it with our own fresh goats milk. :) One more thing I can take off of my grocery list if I can perfect it and work it into my weekly routine.

We've been developing a new routine around here. I've been assigning more chores to the kids so that we are able to keep up with the daily list of things. My calendar is my "brain" some days and it's helping me to stay more on track. What a blessing it's been to have meals planned, dishes assigned each day and laundry as well. Taking the time each week to plan out our week out has saved us so much time and frustration. It's amazing, we haven't removed anything from our schedule, but we're able to get much more done. Feels good!

Praying you all are having a blessed week so far. It seems everyone around the country is getting the snow we are praying for. :) Enjoy it if you have it and all of it's beauty. Snow can be a mixed blessing, I know. I choose to focus on the beauty it brings and trust in the Lord to help in the areas that it complicates. :)

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Oh your cheese press sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures. Yes we have snow and ice and it's coooold!! I'm glad I'm not due during this week :-)

Schedules are so nice aren't they? I changed to having mine in my head to actually writing it down. That way the kids couldn't say "you didn't tell me to do that" which they always found a way to say that.

Thanks for sharing~

~Cinnamon

momoflots said...

Wow - you are so blessed to be able to have fresh milk and homemade cheese!!! A friend of mine gave me some of her overflow of goat milk one spring and I made cheese (kinda like cream cheese) It was so yummy - but that source of milk has dried up (heeheehee). My hens are laying more as well for which I am thankful - they didn't stopp completely but slowed down enough that I had to buy some over the winter - yuck!! I fell off the meal planning wagon when I was so morning sick and boy - do I ever need to get going on that - life is so much easier when that is done!!! The problem is that while I'm not queasy anymore - I'm still not very interested in food - so planning is difficult - it'll come back - I guess it keeps me from gaining to much weight right now :0)!! I can't wait to hear about your babies in the barn!!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Post a Comment