What a week this has been, from snow on Monday, to horrible rain and warm temperatures, we've had a bit of everything it seems. The rain was such a bummer for me, for some reason. I think much of my mood was due to the lack of predicted snow. They had talked and talked about this storm for a week, saying it was going to be a "good old fashioned snow storm" with a foot of snow possible in one evening. Well, as you already may have read, we didn't get anything. Such a bummer! :(
Beyond the weather woes we've had a good week. I've been working since the first of the year to purge out the clutter from our home and really get on top of the daily tasks around here. It is so easy to let things slide, let little things go and eventually they grow into a mountain. At least that is how it's felt as I dig out from underneath it. :)
Another area that has seen some attention from me this week is my quiet time. I don't know why, but doing a daily devotional has always been a struggle for me. I LOVE the idea, but rarely finish or do it faithfully every day. As much as I know my walk needs this daily time with the Lord, life tends to get in my way. This year, I have decided that I need to make it more of a priority. Just as I make time for my kids, my husband and my home, I also need to make time to be with my Father. Relationships take work, communication, listening, attentiveness and the willingness to put yourself aside a little for the good of the relationship. My walk with the Lord should be no different. So, I've decided to make it a priority this week and have LOVED every minute I've gotten to be alone with Jesus!
This time has given my days a focus, a peaceful start and my prayer time and reading have given me things to ponder as I work through my day. My focus has been so much more on how God would want me to respond, work and be in all aspects of my day. Such a great way to spend a bit of time each morning, like having a nice lazy cup of coffee with your husband before he leaves for work in the morning. My devotion time has set the tone for my day. No better place to start, as far as I'm concerned!
So, what am I thankful for this week? Oh my...to list it all will take up too much blog space. I'll jut list a few to give you an idea of where my heart is....
- My quiet time each morning...are you surprised? :) This time of reading, praying and truly listening to the heart of Jesus has been the best start to every day.
- My hard working man that gives so freely of himself for our family, working so hard even in the freezing cold snow and drenching rain..all for us. Love that man. :)
- My kids, and their willingness to help when I need it.
- Our home, as cluttered and out of control as it seems right now, it's home...the place where my family gathers and memories are made.
- Being able to be home with my kids, teaching them, watching them grow and learn...a true privilege!
- The word study I have started doing on "Grace". Such a powerful word study...only one day in and I am loving seeing the heart of God, the grace He bestows on us...undeserved.