My day started today with a VERY early drop of of a little boy I baby sit from time to time. Jack got here at about 4:15 this AM. Thankfully he is a snuggler, so I got some snuggle time in on the sofa. After a couple of hours, he was ready for a nap...and so was I after a night of very little sleep. We napped, let the rest of the kids (some of whom have been sick all week) sleep in. Oh the blessings of homeschooling, being able to be flexible like this. I love that!
Today has been a very laid back day for us with school as well. A much needed lazy day after a week of nasty colds and trying to keep up despite feeling rotten. The main thing we did for school today was to watch the movie Food Inc. I'd already watched it, but wanted the kids to see it as well. The older kids took notes and it will count towards their health requirements...gotta love that! If you haven't had the opportunity to watch this movie, I'd highly recommend it. If you care about what your family eats, where it comes from (if it doesn't come from your own farm or homestead) you will want to see this. Even if you don't really want to know...you should watch it!
So, what am I thankful for this week? Oh my, where to begin...let's see.
- As always, my hard working husband and his ability to work in a struggling economy when so many are not able to. We've had our scares, our down times, but we have been blessed.
- My kids, their readiness to learn, and understanding of why we live the way we do. For the most part, they "get" it, may not always like the chores required to live this life, but they at least understand why and appreciate it.
- Our place here where we can grow a good portion of our food, have room to move around, have God's beauty all around us and are blessed to live this life.
- The relationship I have with my husband, he is truly my best friend.
- Having the time and desire to be creative...crocheting, knitting, sewing and such has become a part of my daily life. I went too long not allowing myself that time, now I can't do without it. It's also nice that my husband supports my endeavors and encourages me to do as much as I feel like. :)
- My Yukon will soon be in the repair shop, it's been a month next week since I was in my wreck and I am SO tired of the daily reminder and questioning looks from people...as if I don't already feel rotten about it all. :(
- Charlies Laundry Soap that I ordered from Marmee Dear. I absolutely LOVE it! Even with our horrible hard water, our clothes are just plain CLEAN! May be a silly thing, but for this mom it's been a wonderful blessing. :)
- My Shark Steam Mop that my wonderful hubby bought me for Christmas....works like a dream and my floors are CLEAN! :)