For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My heart!

Anthony May 2010
Nearly 22 years ago, I gave birth to our first baby boy. While at times it seems like just yesterday, in other moments I can hardly remember what it felt like to not be mama to someone. Being mama to my kids is all I really ever wanted to do, and my kids are my heart, my life. I would move heaven and earth for my kids....if that is even possible. Trust me, a mama's heart can do amazing things. :)
Bags packed...ready to go.
Very soon, our oldest boy will be leaving us to serve his country far from home. Being the mom of a Marine, I knew this time would eventually come. I knew it would be hard, I knew it would require much faith and trust in our Loving Heavenly Father. I knew that my heart would break at the very thought of my baby being so far from home, so far away from the family that loves and cherishes him and his heart!

From the moment a mama finds out she is caring a little life, her whole being (at least mine did) goes into protection mode. You do all that you can to protect, nurture and love that little life that God has blessed you with. I've asked myself MANY times over, how do I "do this"...being mama to a Marine? He will be SO far from home, SO far from the protection of his family, SO far from the watchful eyes of his mama. Then I remember that someone else loves him more, someone else has had his heart held securely in HIS capable hands from the very beginning. Jesus loves my son more than I ever could, and I have to lean on that.

Fox Company, MCRD San Diego 2010
Many hours have been spent in prayer for my son's protection. Many times over I have handed my fear and worry over to the Lord to let him carry that burden for me. While it's not easy to picture so many miles between me and my son, my heart, I have to remind myself that God is bigger than any of my fears. God has Anthony held securely in His hands. ANYTHING that comes my son's way, anything that touches his life, his heart, his mind is first filtered through the hands of God. A loving God that has Anthony's VERY best at hand.

A friend of mine asked me recently how I "do it", having a child serving in such a dangerous place. My only answer was that I have to take it moment by moment, and continue to give it over to the Lord. I have to remember that God loves my son more than I could ever dream. I also spend a great deal of time praying for our God to go before, behind, beside, under and over Anthony and the men he serves with. You see, it's not just my son who goes to serve and fight, it's other sons, daughters, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandsons, husbands and wives. We want to see them ALL come home, whole.
Our handsome Marine!
I would like to ask you all to pray. Not just for my son,  but for the hearts of all of those that are serving. This world is a scary place at times. Our military personnel are serving, putting their lives on the line for this thing we call Freedom! While I HATE the idea of my son being in harms way, I KNOW that he must go. I know that Freedom does NOT come cheap. It comes at a great cost and I am extremely proud of my son. Proud of the man he has become, willing to go and serve. My heart breaks because it's a big scary world out there....but my God is bigger and has already won!
We had a cake made at a local bakery for Anthony's going away party...they did an AWESOME JOB!!

Anthony is center back in this photo...taken at his graduation at MCRD San Diego 2010
Anthony leaves for training very soon. After his training is completed, he will be serving in Afghanistan. Our son will be gone for nearly a year, and your prayers are SO much appreciated. Not only for Anthony, but for his dear girlfriend that waits here for him. She is as much a part of all of this as he is, and we are SO proud of her and her love and support our baby boy, this mama's heart. She is part of our family, and we love her like she was born to us...our second girl. :)
Rachael's sister took this picture, I LOVE it and the two in it.
A couple of weeks ago, we had a family send off for Anthony. It was a great time and I hope it blessed Anthony! I managed to pull the "military mama" card and made everyone stand for a picture. It's the first time we got everyone in one picture and it was such a special time for me. I really wanted to get a group shot of us all. My husband's family (all but one nephew who couldn't come...he was missed) and my parents were here. It was no easy task to get everyone in the picture, but we did it and I think it turned out great! :) At least we are all looking in the general direction of the camera.

Our family....such a good looking bunch! Love them all!

4 comments:

momoflots said...

Absolutely!!! I WILL pray!! It's true that the ache does not leave your heart when your child is so far from home and you can't keep them out of danger. I am so thankful God has given me the peace He has and I know He will give you peace as well - but boy - it's tough - and mine just zooming around on a motorcycle - you boy is in something so different!! I will pray for Anthony every time I pray for Daniel (it will be often!!)

Freedom Acres Farm said...

May God guard and protect Anthony! We'll be praying!

Unknown said...

Thank you!!! I'll be praying for your Daniel too. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you!! We really appreciate it! :)

Post a Comment