So, here goes.....
- I am thankful for my hard working husband and all he does for our family. Never complains, just digs in and get done what needs doing. Such a blessing to our family, and always a source of strength when I'm struggling!
- My kids, each and every one of them brings sunshine and love to my days. We have our struggles, but they are each a blessing!
- Time last night with our oldest son, Anthony. Dinner and chatting about details of his deployment as he knows them right now. I cherish every chance we get to have with him, knowing they are few and far between.
- So thankful that I held it together last night, tears threatened all night long....knowing he will soon be leaving us. I knew if I let the tears fall then, they might not stop...not how I want to have my son leave. We are SO very proud of him and his willingness to serve, even if it is hard to watch him leave.
- I'm also thankful for Rachael, my son's girlfriend, she is just what Anthony needs. When he talks to her, looks at her or even talks about her, you can just see how much he loves her. He wants to much to be the man she needs...much like his father in that regard. :)
- Also very thankful for the 6 little chicks we have in the brood cage in the barn. They are doing great, even the hunchback one (did I tell you all about that one...I'll have to go back and look) is standing upright and the kids can't tell what one it was now. Yay!
- The birds singing this AM outside our windows. It is pouring down rain, our yard is flooded, but the birds are still singing....a bit of a lesson in that for me, perhaps?
- Dear friends who love and support me during tough times. You all mean so much to me, and do so much to help get me through. Also very thankful for your prayers for Anthony....and for me.
- Last but not least....my Heavenly Father who knows all, sees all, and provides for all! Right now is SO hard for me, getting ready to send off my oldest son to a war zone. I KNOW that God is bigger than any bomb, enemy or danger he may face. I KNOW that God goes before him, guiding his EVERY step! I can rest in that...sometimes moment by moment.