So, for my list of what I'm thankful for this week....
- Down time. It's something I rarely afford myself, but it was something I truly needed right now. So much of our lives has changed in the past few months and I have not given myself time to just "adjust" to any of it...just in "Get'r dun" mode as usual.
- Time to relax and read a good book....or two. :) I haven't done that in YEARS! My daughter got me reading "The Hunger Games" and while I usually avoid the "trends" that seem to come around in literature and movies, this one is really good! I couldn't put down the first book and I'm halfway through the second.
- Time with my kids...they've kind of come and gone all week doing this and that, but we've gotten a bit of time to just "be" rather than working on school and such. Shopping with Alyssa yesterday was a fun outing and something that we rarely get to do. I am not a fan of "shopping" but the errands we ran yesterday were more fun because she was with me. :)
- Time alone...a RARE thing indeed. One day this week I actually had a few hours here at home with NO ONE ELSE HERE!!! I left the house completely silent...no radio, TV or anything. Snuggled into my chair with my book while my bread was rising and just enjoyed the quiet time.
- Signs of life in my greenhouse. It's been a tough start to our spring here, our weather has not cooperated at all! I am seeing small signs that spring is actually going to make it's appearance here though...in the small starts in the greenhouse. I've got two kinds of lettuce, bok choy, onions, chives and spinach starting to grow. I LOVE this time of year for that...new growth, new green and new life after a long winter!
- Long talks with dear friends. I was blessed to be able to sit and just chat with a couple of friends this week that both live miles and states away. Such a blessing and such an encouragement when I truly needed it the most!
- Breaks in our "winter....er spring" weather, we've had a few moments here and there where the sun came out and warmed us for a short period of time. We soaked it up while it was here, as brief as it was. Praying for more!
I hope you all have time with loved ones and enjoy a wonderfully tasty meal together, some fun time and make some memories.
I also hope and pray that you take time to remember what Easter is truly about....a man, God's own son, who came and lived among us. That man hung on a cross for OUR sins, paid the ultimate price for OUR sins! On the third day, He rose from the grave and lives forever more!
Honestly, that is and should be TOP of my "thankful" list...not just this week, but every week. None of this trivial "stuff" matters in light of eternity!
He is RISEN....HE IS RISEN INDEED!