- When I woke up this AM the birds were chirping and singing...spring must be close at hand.
- The reminder of a sweet boy that is now with Jesus, when the snow fell earlier this week here...Luke LOVED the snow. In the midst of my complaining, I saw a post on Facebook by his mama that reminded me that this snow, while not in my plan, would have made Luke's day!
- My hard working husband that does all he can to provide for our needs, works long hours, drives for hours every day to get to and from work all because he takes his roll as provider for this family very seriously. He is a blessing beyond anything I could have asked for!
- Our chickens that have been giving us SO many wonderful eggs after months of nothing.
- The incubator in my laundry room with 10 eggs in it that should hatch (if all goes well) in just over a week. It's our first try with a reliable incubator and we are praying it works out well!
- My kids that never cease to amaze me at what they are able to learn, and do!
- My oldest son, Anthony and his willingness to serve our country....even if it does mean he will be FAR from home for nearly a year.
- Rachael, Anthony's girlfriend, she is such a good fit for my boy and we are SO happy to have her as part of our family! We love her as much as if she were born into it....since she wasn't, we'll just love her into it. :)
- My new Tattler canning lids....amazing, reusable and will pay for themselves in no time! Canned with them for the first time this week (some garbanzo beans and some potatoes....more on that later) and I LOVE them!
Friday, March 16, 2012
Thankful for Friday...and friends!
I know I have been less than faithful to keep this blog updated, life has been just a constant blur it seems. Last night I was challenged by a dear blog friend (and I don't even think she realizes that she challenged me...thanks Christine) to take a few minutes every few days to write here and try to focus on some of the "blessings" in my days. It is SO easy to get caught up in the day to day, the stresses, the struggles, the tasks at hand, the need to do's and forget to see the blessings that are given daily. Not just the big ones, but the small ones too! So, here's my thankful list for this Friday....
Posted by Valerie Fender at 7:51 AM