For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Rain, Rain....turn to snow!

Happy Monday! I am completely shocked that it's Monday already, how did that happen? We had a VERY wet weekend here at Tanglewood Hills. The whole Pacific Northwest was rather soggy this weekend. I haven't heard any official rain totals, but the forecast on Saturday was for 3 inches of rain in Portland. While we are not in Portland, much of our weather comes from there. I would not be surprised one bit to hear that we exceeded that total. So much rain fell on Saturday! We were all wishing the rain was snow...we are all ready for a good winter storm here. Snow would be a welcomed way to start our Christmas season next week...we are praying. :) I know that those of you in the mid west who are experiencing major snow events are thinking I'm nuts. Snow is just a welcomed and rare event here most years.

We were snug and cozy in our friend's home. Saturday was our cut and wrap day for our steer. He was a big boy! We split him with our friends, something we've done the past three years or so. Doing it all ourselves from the kill to the cut and wrap has saved us a lot of money. We spend a day getting the meat all processed and ready for the freezer. I am SO thankful to have this meat in our freezer. Between the beef and the chickens we butchered a few weeks ago, we are going to have plenty of meat to see us through the next few months. YAY!

This is the last week before Christmas break and it is going to be crazy! Between parties, activities and events for the kids I'll be doing a lot of baking. Bread baking, a bit of fudge, cookies and maybe some cinnamon rolls. The rest of the week will be busy making scones, cookies and other goodies for the kids to share at their events and parties this week. I also have some craft type things to work on and a party for co-op to to plan crafts for. All fun and good stuff, but makes for busy days for this mama. :)

Praying you all are having a wonderful week. Find ways to enjoy this season and not be so wrapped up in the "to do list", I'm talking as much to me as anyone. It is SO hard to not focus on the "to dos" of the day and not on the "who" you are doing it all for. My pastor yesterday shared that very thing and it really hit home with me. So, even though I am SO super busy this week, my focus is on the "why" of it all. I want to enjoy the baking, the time with my kids and why I'm working so hard this week. We are SO blessed, I LOVE this season and I am SO thankful for all that we have.

Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

momoflots said...

We are praying for snow too!! We were drying out but it is now raining again - so glad the kids got outside for a little while earlier today!!! My to-do list is long too and I started out today with not the most cheerful mood but I'm trying to also remember why we celebrate - to remember the most important gift of all!!
Hope your week is wonderful!!

Blessings,
Christine

momoflots said...

Ooo Valerie!! Donuts!! Yummy!! Share the recipe sometime - although my waistline does not need any more padding I love to make things like that for my family!!! And Yes!!! I would love to share a plate of spritz and a cup of tea with you!! I used to think that meeting my bloggy friends was impossible but once God worked it out for Cinnamon to visit TWICE with her children - I know it is possible!!! And she lives sooo much further away than you!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Mountain Mama said...

Yipee! A freezer full of meat. Gotta love it. Fun to hear that you do all of your processing from start to finish. We do that with our deer and elk each year. It's a lot of work but worth it when the freezer is full and lasts all year at a very low cost. God is good!

Enjoy your sweet blessings with the "fun stuff" and yummy treats. :-)
blessings,
ashley

Post a Comment