For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Is it hot enough for you?

After what felt like an endless winter, a wet and cold spring, summer has finally come to our farm. Sure, we've had summer sunshine for a while now, thankfully, but the heat has come to visit as well now. Our forecast high for today is 90-95 degrees...tomorrow the high could reach 100! Talk about jumping into summer. It went from 60s and 70s to 90s in a matter of a day.

So, for today and tomorrow the kids and I are laying low. I'm avoiding turning on the stove or oven for fear of heating up the house even more. There is plenty that needs to be done in the kitchen, but the cooking will be kept to a minimum. Such a bummer too...so much baking I'd like to do. :) Oh well, we will survive.

This weekend we have a yard sale planned. I am NOT a fan of such undertakings, but it was something we decided we needed to do given our current financial stresses. Thankfully, my hard working man is back to work for a few weeks, but we never know when that could change and have decided to take this chance to get rid of some unwanted clutter. So, we'll be busy making deals and hopefully making a bit of money to put away for a future lay off. It will be SO nice to get rid of all of he extra "stuff". I just hope that I can survive the doing of it. :)

Friday, Alyssa and I will be busy baking a few goodies to have on hand for a small bake sale table at the sale too. That always is a welcomed thing at yard sales on early mornings. My goal is to make two batches of cinnamon rolls and a few batches of cookies. We'll also have lemonade and maybe some bottled water and soda...we'll see. With as far out as we live, I don't want to invest much. I don't have any idea how many people will venture our way...my prayer is a whole bunch! My prayer is that the Lord would bring buyers for the big things, that we'd get our price on them and that much of the little stuff would be purchased as well...my ultimate prayer is that it ALL sells. :) Wouldn't that be a HUGE God moment? Oh my! :)


In the mean time, given the heat, I'm taking advantage of the free clothes dryer. :) I'm working on the loads of laundry that have piled up. Hoping to get all of the bedding washed and hung out by the end of this heat wave. :) That is a job in and of itself! My clothesline will get a big workout this week, for sure. I love that tool...one of the best Mother's Day gifts I've ever gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment