For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yard sale and hay time...what a weekend!

What a weekend we had! Such a busy time, but a fun time too. Our yard sale was set up and ready to go early Saturday morning. The people started coming right away...even before our 8:00 AM opening time. We didn't mind, it was a nice older gentleman that loved to talk. He visited with us for a long time, bought a few things and then said his good bye. :) Slowly, the crowds started coming. All day long, we had a fairly steady flow of people. I think the best part of the day was just spending the whole day with my hubby. We haven't had so much time together without working on something in a long time. Made for a fun day, for sure. :)

Saturday we got a phone call that the gentleman we usually buy our hay from had hay on the ground and ready to be hauled out of the field. It was good hay and a good price. So, even though my dear hubby was tired from a long week and a busy day of running a yard sale, he and our son Brandon headed out after dinner to bring in almost 100 bales of hay...that's just under 3 ton. YAY! Thankfully, that should be all the hay we will need until this time next year. Thank the Lord! Such a huge blessing and one less thing for us to have to deal with for the rest of the year. We even were able to load almost half of it into our hay loft in the barn...first time it's had hay in it. :) So, even though it had been a long day, my guys worked at bringing hay (with the help of some dear friends of ours....the guys helped them with some of their hay too) until 11:30 PM. We were up and ready for day two of our sale the next morning, bright and early. All tired, but we had a job to finish.

So, as you can see we had a long weekend. It was fun, full of hard work and so much together time. Loved it all! Tomorrow is another day, the start of another week. I have yet to plan menus or soak any grains for breakfast. I am thinking we'll end up having yogurt. :) We are all tired and have stayed up far too late. I'm headed to bed...far later than I had intended. It's all good though, it's been a great weekend! God has blessed us beyond measure and we are so thankful for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment