For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To the river we went


Last week, we had a few really hot days here. Not a normal thing for our area in July, but once in a while we get a nice heat wave going. Last week, the temps were headed up towards 100* several days in a row. By day two, we were really feeling it. The kids wanted to head to the river, so we decided to visit my sister-in-law's house next to the river. Every other inch of water in the county was wall to wall people...EVERYONE wanted a place to cool off. :) Thankfully, we had a nice spot to visit and the kids got to spend a bit of time with their cousins. Sad, we live only a few miles apart, but rarely see each other. Busy lives are to blame, but that really is no excuse. We had a great time, the kids got to cool off and I had a nice visit with my husband's brother and his wife. I didn't get in the water, but enjoyed a shady spot on their deck and watched the kids have a ball. Alyssa's friend Ally was with us, it was a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment