For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wheat Hoagie Rolls...so good!

Today I made a batch of Crystal Miller's hoagie rolls. I have been visiting her site, The Family Homestead for years and love trying her creations. I would LOVE to be able to take credit for this creation, but all I did was follow instructions. :) These rolls are AMAZINGLY light and fluffy. Perfect for any brat or hot dog you'd want to fill them with, or just to use as a sandwich roll. So good! My next batch of these will actually be hamburger buns.

Because I am trying to totally avoid processed flours, I want to try this recipe again without any added unbleached flour. We'll see how it goes. The amount in this recipe is so little, it won't be the end of the world if I have to keep the processed flour in them. I do have to try though. :) Either way, this recipe is super easy to make and the dough is amazingly soft and easy to work with. I loved making these. How I've missed baking with wheat flour...so far, we are doing well. My prayer is that we have found what is going to work for our family.

These will go perfectly with tomorrow night's dinner of grilled hot dogs and brats, potato salad, fresh carrot sticks and cucumber coins, and fresh melon salad. I can't wait to have dinner tomorrow. :) Thank you Crystal for posting this amazing recipe on your site....I am hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment