For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Thankful for Friday!

Wow, it's Friday again already? This week has gone by super fast, though in the midst of it, it didn't feel that way. Funny how some weeks are just like that. So, what am I thankful for this week? So much...but here are a few:

*My hard working husband. His commute to his current job is a long one in the afternoons. He comes home completely exhausted every day from work. We get about an hour with him to eat dinner and relax a bit, then he is off to bed. Today, however, is his day off. He's been working 4 ten hour days, trying to save himself a day of commuting, gas and wear and tear on his truck.

*My garden...I was able to harvest enough beets yesterday to can 11 pints of pickled beets and the tops and stalks all went into the freezer. Nothing went to waste! All from our garden. YAY!

*My blueberry picking kids...picking 25+ pounds this week.

*Our heavily producing raspberries. We've picked two huge bowls of berries this week.

*My kids and all that they help with around here. We may have attitudes to deal with from time to time, but that is something we are seeing progress in. :)

So much that I could add to that list! What are you thankful for this week? Even if you don't share it, at least recognize it within yourself. We are all so blessed, even in the hardest times. God is good..ALL the time and He loves to shower His children with blessings! How amazing is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment