For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Busy days....

Spring time on a homestead is a busy time of year. From goats kidding, new baby chicks arriving or hatching, garden planting and various other outside chores that need doing after a long winter, our days are full. The weather in these parts has not been cooperating with our need to be working on outside chores and garden planting, however. Quite frustrating, to be honest.

Early this spring I started my tomatoes and peppers inside. They did beautifully and were on track for a mid May planting when the weather decided to stay cold and wet a while longer. We finally got them in the ground, but they are struggling with the lack of sunshine around here lately. Thankfully we've had a few days of sun in the midst of the rain and are heading towards a nice stretch of sunshine. My garden needs it, and so do I.

Our potatoes and onions are doing amazingly well! This is the first year we've had good success with onions. We planted both sweet and red onions. Yukon Gold and Red potatoes are doing well, first year for both of those too. Last year we planted, with great success I might add, some white potato sets that a friend of ours gave us. I loved them, but wanted to try something new. :) So far, so good!

Thankfully, the sun is coming out tomorrow and we will have at least part of the day to weed, plant and work our buns off while the sun is shining. Never a dull moment, but we are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment