For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Strawberries are here!











Today did not end up being as productive as I had hoped, but I did manage to get a few things done. The rest will have to wait for tomorrow or another day altogether. I just have to be OK with what I did manage to accomplish, right? One thing that I did do that I had not planned on doing is buying some strawberries. YAY! We look forward to fresh local strawberries all year. Tonight while my son Brandon, was in his driver's ed class, I visited a local family farmer that has a produce stand on site. I love to buy my produce from them, just knowing that I am helping to support a family run farm that has been run by the same family for generations feels good! Not enough dedicated farmers these days, to my mind. Anyway, they had local strawberries and I just had to get a flat. :-)

Talk about tasty! So, what am I doing with them? Half of the flat is in my food dehydrator, the other half is in the refrigerator to be washed and dealt with tomorrow. I was doing good to get half of them in the dehydrator. It's been a long busy day today.












Here are the berries in the food dehydrator. I absolutely love this machine. My husband's aunt gave it to me last year and I have used it a ton. I honestly don't know what I did without it! My kids love the strawberries I did last year in it, so I want to try and get more dehydrated this year to add to granola and trail mix. Such a tasty way to get fruit in them and they take up little to no space in my pantry! Love that. :-) Dried fruit is a favorite around here and if I can make it myself, all the better!

So, even though my list from this AM was not completed, I knew it was a huge feat to take on. I did manage to get a few things done on that list and a few things I hadn't planned on doing. I don't feel too bad about that. :-) One thing that I did that wasn't on my list was to make a caramel sauce for ice cream or whatever we choose. It was super easy and tastes amazingly good! I love it when I find that I can make something that we would normally buy at the grocery store. Huge money saver and so much better for us in the long run. With all that I did accomplish today, it feels like a very productive day...never mind he list I still have to get to tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment