For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Is it really Monday?

Oh my, what a weekend we had. I am still not ready for Monday and here it is 1:00 PM on Monday afternoon. :) We had a busy weekend in the garden and loved every minute of it...hard work and all. Today I've been busy in my kitchen making cookies, pie crust, hulling strawberries and cleaning up between it all. Laundry is also going, though it won't make it to the clothes line today with the chance of rain and colder temps we seem to be having. Huge bummer, I hate using my dryer this time of year but on days like today and a mountain of laundry threatening to take over the bathroom, I have little choice in the matter. It's amazing how fast the laundry piles up when we are outside working our buns off in the dirt. :)

My week is a full one with end of the school year obligations, baby sitting, my cooking and writing work, VBS preparations and an orthodontist appointment. In the midst of it all I have weeding to try to get to around the berry vines, plants and bushes. Also need to get a flat of marigolds in the ground and do some clean up in my front yard beds. So much that always needs doing and only so much of this mamma. We are truly blessed though and every task that needs to be done is a reminder of how many blessings we have. The mountains of laundry reminds me that we have a big healthy family that is active and works hard. The dirty dishes remind me that we have food to eat and healthy appetites. The never ending baking and cooking that I do shows me how much my job matters....just think what we'd be eating if I were to just open a can or a box for every meal or snack. All of the school books that fill my desk and the piles of papers are a good reminder that we have amazingly smart kids that rely on us for their education and what an honor it is to be the one that gets to show them this world and all that God intended for it to be for them. We live in a country (for the time being) that affords us the freedom to homeschool. To teach our kids what the Bible says about living a godly and productive life. We may not agree with many of the choices that our government makes or even the direction it appears to be headed, but we still pray as scripture teaches, for our leaders and trust that the Lord has a plan.

These are the things that I try to focus on when life seems to be getting busier than I can handle or when I feel like we are getting no where. Things are tough right now with my husband's work situation and the down economy, but we are blessed beyond measure! God is providing for us daily and will continue to do so in ways that we may not expect. Even in tough times, it's exciting to see how God will use them not only for His Glory, but for our blessing and benefit! How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment