For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Seemingly endless rain...

The rain keeps falling here, day after day. We did have a day or two in there with no rain, but today it has been stormy. Blue skies for a while, then the wind would pick up, the sky would darken and huge raindrops would begin to fall. Over and over it has done that today. The blessing in this pattern are the short moments of blue sky that we got to view from our rain splattered windows. It's been a very wet spring here, and I am ready for some dry weather. My poor garden has suffered from a lack of attention. It's been hard to have enough time to really devote to weeding and planting with all of the days of rain. Someone told me last weekend that as of last Friday (or perhaps it was Thursday...no matter really) we had seen 20 strait days of measurable rain fall. WHAT? No wonder I'm sick of the rain.

I have lived here almost all my life, the rain normally doesn't get to me the same way it has this season. I love the rain and all that it brings to our part of the country. The green scenery is breathtaking! The rain this year has been horrible and non stop it seems. Makes it very hard to stay productive outside. I am trying to make the most of it, getting as much done outside as I can when the rain lets up. Honestly, though, I'm not making the kind of progress that I had hoped by now.

Another area that is suffering due to the rain is my laundry. I have tried to hold out on some things for the sunshine, but once we have a day or two of sun there is too much laundry to hang out on the line. LOL I am using my dryer when we have several days of rain, or need something washed right away, but I am NOT enjoying it at all. Trying to cut back and not use as much electricity is hard when the rain doesn't let up. Oh for the warm sunny days of summer...I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment