For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tired....and blessed!

It's been a super long day! I was awake at 3:00 AM, thanks to our "Princess"....um, I mean cat. Daisey was left inside last night and decided that 3:00 AM was a good wake up time, she was lonely. She started howling and walking around the house looking for someone to serve her. Thankfully, Wade got up and put her highness outside. :) Unfortunately, the damage was done and I was awake! It took me almost an hour to go back to sleep, then Wade's alarm went off just as I was starting to drift off again. Mind you, it was 4:00 AM....on SATURDAY. Yep, he forgot to turn it off last night before we headed to bed. Thankfully it didn't take much for me to go back to sleep, but my alarm started blaring at 5:30. I turned it off and thought just a bit too long about getting up. Next thing I knew, it was 6:30 and way past time for us to get up to head into the church for the kids to get ready for the parade. UGH! Not a good start to our day. :(

Our church has a float in the towns parade every year to promote our upcoming VBS. Alyssa needed to be there to help in the kitchen for the youth group fundraiser that was going to go on during the festivities....Gluten-free Teriyaki Rice Bowls. Brandon had driver's ed this morning, so we stayed long enough to help out for a while and then headed out to get him to his class. Dylan and Wade stayed home to do some much needed mowing. When Brandon and I got back to the town where the parade was, we had to park quite a ways away from the church due to the road still being closed to traffic. So, we got a good workout. :) The kids ended up staying in town at friends houses and I came home to relax. The lack of sleep from this AM and my extra exercise and also the amazing sunshine left this mamma exhausted!

All in all, though, today was a good day! No, I didn't get any time working in my garden in the sunshine like I'd hoped to. I had very little time at home at all, really. But, I got to spend some time with my church family. We have such an amazing group of church members, they ARE family and sometimes they are just what I need. :)

We are facing some tough times here at Tanglewood Hills, the economy has really made things hard for us...I know, we are not alone in that. My hard working husband works construction and this is NOT a good time in construction. He was laid off last week and we have no idea when he will be called back. Thankfully we were somewhat ready, knew it was possible just not exactly when. Sure, we could have been more ready, but all in God's timing. We have never gone without paying our bills, or food on our table. We have been truly blessed. Lean times here on the farm, but we will get through. Honestly, we are set up better than many living the way that we do. Could we improve? Sure, who couldn't! That is all part of this journey. We will learn to do more with the little we have and most of all we have our family and a loving God looking out for us. :)

So, even though I am tired...I am blessed! Even though our future is full of questions...we serve a God that knows all the answers! What could be better than that?

I am going to take my tired self off to bed. It's early, but I've earned it. :) Praying for more sunshine tomorrow, but know that we may wake up to rain. It's all good....God knows just what we need. Thank you Lord! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment