For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Busy days...ready for some down time!

Wow, what a busy time we've had the past couple of weeks. With school getting out, at least the main part of the school year...we still do math and reading through the summer, getting ready for our church's Vacation Bible School and having a successful VBS, I have not been home nearly enough.

Today is our first full day at home to just breath in what feels like forever! We all got to sleep in until we felt like getting up, for the most part, and have been lazily getting things done around here. Our boys are going to a party with some friends. Alyssa is hanging out doing this and that. Wade is working on a project in the shop and I've done random things all day. Laundry, dishes, defrost our freezer and made a list of all that is in there.

Vacation Bible School was a HUGE success this year! We had around 150 kids there all week long, plus teen helpers and leaders and a bunch of adults to make things run smoothly. Once again, I was in charge of the snacks for the whole week. What a job that was, but I had amazing help from many people and we all got the job done. It was amazing!

Finally, summer has decided to come to our area!!! It was about time! My tomatoes are not doing well and my peppers are all about dead. We've just had too much rain and not enough sun and heat. So frustrating, but I keep telling myself that God knows what our needs are. We'll figure out something, one way or another.

Thankfully, Wade is back to work for a while. He'll be traveling quite a bit every day to and from work, but at least it's a job. We will choose to be thankful! :) This next week is another busy week for us, but thankfully it's mostly at home. Driver's Ed a few days this week, but for the most part, we are going to be HOME! Thank the Lord! It will give me time to work on a few recipes for Gling, need to write a blog or two for that site too and the rest of the week will be working on homestead stuff. I am so happy to be able to focus on home more now. This school year and then VBS has left me feeling a bit out of touch here. It's time to get things in order and ready for a glorious summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment